Is An Enlarged Heart A Serious Medical Condition?
I would explain as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that an enlarged heart can be caused by different medical disorders: cardiac ischemia, lung disorders, infections, thyroid dysfunction, etc..
Sometimes it can be related to genetic heart disorders.
But it also occurs normally in sport persons.
But it is important to evaluate the heart function in order to evaluate if its clinical significance.
For this reason, I would recommend performing a cardiac ultrasound. The ultrasound findings should be evaluated in correlation with the patients symptoms too.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- My right ventricle was slightly enlarged
- In what direction would an abnormal liver enlarged
- Lumbar lymph nodes become red and enlarged
- Low white blood cell count liver enlarged
- One month baby stomach is enlarged
- Does the throat hurt if the thyroid is enlarged
- Sinus of valsalva enlarged
- Incisive papilla enlarged
- Main popliteal vein enlarged
- What happens if my spleen is enlarged