Is an endometrium thickness of 4 mm normal?

Dr. Zenab Tambawala

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi Dr,
My mother has been menopausal for the past five year she is on aromatase inhibitor for the past 3 years, she went for a Ultrasound scan last week and her endometrium thickness showed 4mm , however at her previous scan in Feb the thickness was 2.5mm even though it is in safe range wanted to know if it is normal for post menopausal woman to have a slight increase in endometrium thickness.
Answered by Dr. Zenab Tambawala 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It absolutely normal

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Welcome to HCM,

As long as its in the safe range and she is not having post menopausal bleeding you need not be worried.

Just 6 monthly scans and look out for symptoms such as spotting and bleeding should be enough.

A 1.5 mm increase is not significant and could be due to subjective difference of the person conducting the ultrasound.

Do not worry.
Hope this helps.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng