Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Is an X-ray required for sore buttocks and backache after a fall?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4050 Questions
I fell on the ice last weekend. My tailbone, lower back & down my right back side into my buttocks are hurting & seem to be getting worse. I've broken my pelvis, hip & L5 in an accident 18 years ago, along with other bones that aren't relevant. I know there is nothing they can do for L5... should I go in or will it be a waste of money. I cancelled my subscription... am I still going to get an answer? It's been an hour. My current subscription should be good until December 5th, correct?
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Get an X ray done first

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I think that you need to get an X Ray of your pelvis (AP and lateral) done. Based on the findings you might need to visit a doctor. Till then, you can wait before you go in. Hot compress and pain medication like ibuprofen should provide relief. Be sure to take medicines like ibuprofen in full stomach.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor