Is an HIV test done at 4 weeks post exposure conclusive?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in HIV and AIDS
Question: After sex removing condom and suddenly wash penis. is there any chance of reaching vaginal fluids through water at tip of penis and enter into uteri and cause HIV?
Second time I had finger her vagina, suddenly i put condom, i think Vaginal fluids are still in hand. Then I inserted penis into vagina. after few second i removed penis with condom and masturbate.
After masturbate vaginal fluid might be are in my hand, suddenly removing condom I wash penis with same hands using soap. I guess my semen also in the tip of penis. Is there any chance of my hands vaginal fluids reach uteri and cause HIV? After four weeks yesterday I done
HIV 1 and 2 anti bodies screening test Serum @
HIV 1/2 & P24 Combo test
(CMIA)

Index Value .28
Result Non Reactive

Result Bio. Ref. Interval

I am worried is this no is high? after 3 months I will be become HIV +ve?
Can you help me? I am so worried?
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your test will most likely be negative even after 3 months form now

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. After removing condom if you wash penis then there is no possibility of vaginal fluids reaching tip of penis and causing HIV.

2. In the second incident also there is almost nil chance of vaginal fluid coming in touch with penis.

3. You have done a good thing by getting HIV 1 and 2 and p24 test done at 4 weeks and results are nearly 100 percent conclusive that you do not have HIV infection.

4. For peace of mind you can get another test done after 3 months and that will also be negative.

5. Please do not get stressed about it as your results are negative.

Hope this answers your question. Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek
Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist