Is an 11 mm lining thickness 2 weeks after miscarriage normal?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I mc two weeks ago
Have been bleeding since until few days back no bleeding at all
Until recently my hcg has been rising but today first time blood results show it decreasing on weekend it was 1985 but today it's 1550
My scan today showed lining to be 11mm I was told this is normal but should it not be less than 5mm?
Also there is some tissue/clots high up in cervix seen today
I have been told it will pass out I have been booked in for a scan in two weeks no other follow up until then
My question is the lining thickness normal at this point 2 weeks into a miscarriage ? And if I am not bleeding how will the tissue/clots pass through ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It will come out slowly with brown discharge.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
After a miscarriage the thick lining of the uterus is likely to shed off in next few days. Even if you are not bleeding the small tissue and clots will pass off with mild brownish discharge. Since the HCG levels are decreasing there is no need to worry. The mild tissue will pass off slowly over next few days.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal