Is allergy to Vitamin C possible?
I have not come across such allergy.
I am seeing so many allergy patients in daily OPD but I have not come across vit C allergy.
There are food related allergies present but not of specific vitamin and that too vit c, which is water soluble and least harmful.
Since you are describing your friend as very thin, lusterless skin, thin hair etc I would like to give you few differentials.
1. Anorexia nervousa
2. Mal Absorption Syndrome.(MAS)
Anorexia nervousa is psychiatric disorder in which patient starves herself due to excessive desire of weight loss or be more thin and look like celebrities.
MAS is gastrointestinal disease in which absorption of nutrients are not possible and thus nutritional deficiency occurs.
So I don't think she has vit c allergy. Above mentioned things need to rule out first.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be happy to help you further.
Wishing good health to your friend.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?