Is alkalinized water good for health?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Mon, 9 Jun 2014 in Cancer
Question: GOOD AFTERNOON & THANKS IN ADVANCE! Are Cancer cells on the inside alkaline? I read this by an MD who gives many reasons why NOT TO buy alkalinized water or buy the system that produces alkaline water. I do, however, see the benefits in the use of good antioxidants to reduce many acidic situations that are produced in our bodies from what we eat, how we cook, stress, on-going chronic illnesses, etc. I have found a bottle of Dr Willard's "Willard Water Clear Concentrate" which has a very high pH of 12.3 and has some special "CAW Micelles" that helps to cleanse thebody and alkalinize it and help to better utilize any nutrients one ingests. The bottle does say to only start taking 1/4tsp per 8oz. glass of pure water (not more than 1/2t/cup I called and they answered that in this small amount the pH will only go up 1 to 2 pts at the most) and to drink 3 to 4 glasses per day, only. Can alkalinized water be good or not for one's health to prevent and or help with ongoing discomforts or health issues(ie. body aches, indigestion, type 1 diabetes, CANCER). If, "YES" then, is this Dr Willard's a safe product to try? XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
My opinion is water concentrat are of little value

Detailed Answer:
All these water concentrates were controversial. There is no clear demonstration or studies that they act as antioxidants. I do not think these concentrate would get rid of cancer cells. I would go with your doctor's advice. Even if you use this as drops in your regular drinking water it would not change the Ph of the water.

According to WHO No health-based guideline value is proposed for pH. pH usually has no direct impact on water consumers, it is one of the most important operational water-quality parameters.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli