Is alcohol consumption safe while on Inositol, Ginkgo Biloba and Vinpocetine?
On Thursday afternoon, i took a total of 14 brain vitamins, and herbal supplements, as i usually do every other day. Here is a list of the pills I took, and at what dosages.
Inositol (B8) - 500mg
Ginkgo Biloba - 60mg
Alpha Lipoic Acid - 250mg
CoQ10 - 100mg
Turmeric Curcumin - 500mg
Huperzina A - 200mcg
CDP Choline (Citicholine) - 250mg
B12 - 2,000mcg
Vinpocetine - 5mg
Folate - 400mcg
Acetyl L Carnitine - 250mg
Resveratrol - 50mg
ECGC (Green Tea Concentrate) - 400mg
Vitamin D3 - 2000mcg
I took the pills at around 1pm in the afternoon. The next day, at around 8pm, I had about 1 and a half shots of whiskey, which is about 1 and a half beers. After drinking the shot at slow pace, I felt drowsy and tired, and I started to worry that it may somehow have interacted with the supplements from the previous day. Even though there was a period of about 30 hours from when i took the pills, and from when I drank the alcohol, I am worried that I might have done something to my liver or brain from some possible interaction. I drink about a liter and a half of water a day, but im not sure if im drinking enough for my liver to process these vitamins. Should I not have drank? Did I wait long enough after taking pills before I could start drinking? Do any of these drugs pose a danger with alcohol? If i decide to have a few beers every now and then, is it safe to drink, 24 hours after taking these supplements? Thank you
No interaction possible
Hello Young Man,
Thanks for writing to us I can understand your concern.
I have checked interactions of every content you mentioned with alcohol and there is no significant interaction found at all. So there is no chance that problem is with your supplement. You can take supplement and drink anytime.
Likely possibility is that you felt drowsiness due to whiskey only.
I recommend taking beer. If you want to take whiskey do not take more than half shot.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
welcome and take care
You are welcome and take care.
If still any query there, I will be happy to answer; if not you can close the discussion and if feasible give your feedback and rating so I can improve my service.
In future if you wish you can contact me directly on this site with following link:
by clicking on 'Ask me a question' on same page with three follow up questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ginkgo biloba 400 mg
- Ginkgo biloba 400 cap
- Ginkgo biloba safe with oral contraceptives
- My ginkgo biloba is expired is it safe
- Is ginkgo biloba safe with nitric oxide supplements
- Ginkgo biloba and contraceptive pill
- Lisinopril and ginkgo biloba
- Are virilex tablet and ginkgo biloba safe for diabetic patient
- Ginkgo biloba ivf
- Ginkgo biloba 400mg
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation