Is alcohol consumption safe inspite of having normal SGOT and SGPT levels?
Please provide more information, it depends on many other factors
Hello Mr XXXXXXX
Welcome to Health Care Magic, I really appreciate your concern.
Reheptin has a combination of Metadoxine, Silymarin and L Ornithine L Aspartate. it protects the liver from damage and helps in its repair.
Here, I would like further information for better assessment of the condition, without which I will not be able to comment exactly.
What all medicines you are taking ?
Your weight, height and BMI ?
Since how long you are taking alcohol ?
Do you smoke?
If possible upload me the scan copy of all the reports including blood sugar, lipid profile..
Have you checked your blood pressure recently ?
Chronic alcohol consumption is a risk factors for heart disease , diabetes and liver disease and aggravates any existing medical illness
Normal SGPT and SGOT are not the criteria to continue alcohol intake.
since your doctor advised you to quit drinking, so please write back to me with these details so that I will be able to tell you more conclusively.
Waiting for your reply.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High ggt level and normal sgot and sgpt atorvastatin
- High sgpt and sgot level but bilirubin level is normal
- Alcohol after sgpt and sgot normal
- Increased sgot and sgpt but normal bilirubin level
- How get back sgpt and sgot levels to normal
- Normal levels of sgot and sgpt in 3 year old
- Normal sgot and sgpt levels in pregnancy
- Normal sgpt and sgot levels
- Normal bilirubin level but high sgot sgpt
- Normal sgot snd sgpt levels in newborn