Is additional MR booster dosage required after receiving scheduled MMR vaccination?

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Child Health
Question: Hi

There is 'Measles Rubella'
vaccine drive ( GOVT) in my daughters school on 28 th Feb 2017.My daughter is 6.5 years old and i have given all the vaccines to her till date ( includes MMR1 and MMR 2 ). I would like to know whether i have to give her this vaccine ( Measles Rubella ) on 28 th . Also Does the vaccien have any side effects ? please advise.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not needed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

Since your daughter has already received two doses of MMR she does not need further doses of the Measles Rubella vaccine. However, if still given, it would simply act as a booster and would not cause any harm.

The vaccine is usually tolerated well without any side effects.

Follow up: Dr. Diptanshu Das 39 hours later
Thanks for the response doctor .. so i have decided not to give vaccination for my daughter again . Thanks for ur advise
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Glad to be of service

Detailed Answer:
That is good. Feel free to ask me back if you ever have a health related query in the future. I would be there to assist you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy