Is acne on nose and forehead normal during pregnancy?

Question
I am 13 weeks pregnant getting acne big ones on my nose forebead n neck like getting before periods
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Acne may occur during pregnancy in association with indigestion problem, mental stress, oily skin, constipation etc. Here, you need to clean facial skin with cleanser regularly, keep bowel habit regular, avoid stress/ anxiety, drink more water and take sound sleep.

In addition, you can use some cream/ lotion like clindamycin/ benzoyl peroxide to get relief from pimples. Please consult with your doctor for proper prescription after clinical examination.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow-up: Is acne on nose and forehead normal during pregnancy? 8 minutes later
Its nothing like misscarraige m feeling like not pregnant even i hd my 12 weeks scan it said no risk n cervix was 30mm

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not due to miscarriage.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Having acne during pregnancy is a normal finding due to the hormonal changes associated with pregnancy. This is not suggestive of miscarriage. Please do not worry. As long as the ultrasound scan confirms a normal pregnancy there is no need to worry about a miscarriage.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Is acne on nose and forehead normal during pregnancy? 19 hours later
I hv got polycycistic ovary syndrome does it affects my pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No effect on pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Polycystic ovaries cause a difficulty in conception. It does not cause any problem during the pregnancy. The cysts are likely to rather decrease in size during the pregnancy.
Regards.