• question-icon

Is accidental consumption of Poligrip denture cream harmful?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: can over use of poligrip denture cream. cause a build up in your throat? i use it one each 24hrs because after about 16hrs or so it appears that it melts and gets swallowed. does it pass thru your body or can it cause a build up in your throat or stomach?
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dental cream will not build up in throat or stomach

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic

Polygrip dental cream will not cause build up in the throat or stomach.
It will be eliminated from the body through fecal matter.
However, make sure that the product you are using does not contain zinc. Some dental adhesive creams contain Zinc which can cause peripheral neuropathy.
Please be advised to follow up as scheduled for endoscopic evaluation and biopsy of esophageal mass.

Hope this answers your question
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal