Is abdominal tuberculosis contagious?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 22 Jun 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello Doctor i have one private question regarding my problem.First of all i should tell you complete story actually i was having an Abdominal Tuberculosis three month ago and i am taking treatment of it.First i was given Forcox Tablets then after two month it was changed to AKT 3 tablets and now it is my 3rd month of this TB Course.So my question is if i have kiss with my girlfriend does it risky for her to spread TB Virua into her...??I won't take it too long just shot lip kiss for 5-7 minutes only i hope you understand my condition. Thanks take it
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Abdominla TB is not contagious!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I understand your query and the efforts to make sure your partner is safe. I have reviewed this information fully and all is well. You can kiss your girl as long as you wish and there is no risk of transmitting TB to her. Abdominal TB is not contagious and there is no reason to get worried. Even if it were contagious, 3months of treatment totally dismisses any possibility of being able to transmit.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 15 minutes later
ok thanks for Answer. Now i want to give you some more information that i was having one Swellon Gland under my Ears one month ago and i consulted to my doctor and they said me it may be because of your tb it happens to you because you immune system is week then they did and little surgery to remove my first gland under the ear and sent for testing in labs and culture was negative so it was ok now after one month again now this time i am having an Swellon gland on my neck and it looks same as it was before then couple of days ago again i consulted to my doctor they said me it can be Multidrug Resistant TB and they told me to remove this Swellon gland also for testing in microscope it treat it better and doctor said me you weight is growing good signs and I also don't feel any fever or anything wrong then why these glands are having to me so doctor told me to test culture of Gland by removing this gland through surgery then they will change treatment if necessary... I also dont feel any much weekness in my body but those gland were question for my doctor and i have one gland right now doctor will take their surgery after 4-5 days so i told you complete story and can still it be safe for my girl to kiss her.. I don't have any answer why those glands was on me because their reports will be with me after 12 days and my girl will come on tomorrow.. So please now tell is it safe to do my work with her..?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
Very safe to do your work with her!

Detailed Answer:
HI and thank you so much for this detailed write up.

Even if you had TB of these glands, it cannot be transmitted. Only TB in the lungs can be transmitted from one person to another and therefore there is just no risk to having as much contact and fun wit your girl. Be relaxed and worry no more about this. I may disagree with removing every gland for analysis. Not all glands need to be removed. Ask them why they keep doing so all the times and whether that can be passed on.

I wish you well and keep me posted.