Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Is abdominal pain caused due to gall bladder surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4852 Questions
hello, I have had a persistent abdominal pain for about 6 months now. I have gone to a physician about it and he has put me on antacids. However it does not work and the pain is getting more severe. I did have gall stones before but never gall bladder surgery. Could this pain be related to the gall stones or could it be something more severe?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Need further tests&consultation with GI specialist Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, If the abdominal pain did not show any improvement within the 6 months while taking antiacids, I'd suggest to run some other tests and to consult a GI specialist for further and more specific evaluation. This is done to exclude gall bladder stones and other causes. I'd suggest to : - do abdominal ultrasound (checking for gallbladder, pancreas, uro-genital problems) - do urine analysis - do vaginal swab testing - if you are also having bowel movements changes, then, should do culture of the feces for candida/bacteria and examination for ova/parasites - do a complete blood profile together with biochemistry testing Meanwhile, I'd advise to - eat often, small portions and slowly - if you are having constipation problems, please try to drink more water and have more fiber rich foods together with fiber supplements - start taking probiotics - avoid oily, processed, spicy, chilly foods, and carbonated/chocolate/coffee/energetic drinks All the best! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have at the next follow up!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor