Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Is a yellow pus like discharge from sore anus a sign of STD ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2602 Questions
Hi, for the past 2-3 days ive been having troubles doing a number '2' - alot of the times yellow pus is only coming out and its very sore to wipe, it sore when i bend over or move about significantly

i have attached a photo at this link which i took this morning

im 23 5ft 9 - 11.7 stone

i am XXXXXXX so hoping its not an std but looks like herpes?
Sat, 5 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Follow-up: Is a yellow pus like discharge from sore anus a sign of STD ? 1 hour later
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Presence of soreness with yellow pus discharge is a sign of infection, most commonly bacterial infection.

The picture you sent also reveals signs of inflammation probably secondary to infection.

If you had involved in recent unprotected sexual activity, 'STD's - bacterial infections/viral with secondary bacterial infections' cannot be ruled out.

Other likely causes are rectal abscess or infected rectal sinus.

You will need to a per rectal examination and microscopy and culture test on the pus discharge. They will confirm the type of infection. A course of appropriate antibiotics should treat the condition. Rarely surgical incision and drainage is entailed.

I hope I have answered your query.

If you have any more queries, I will be able to answer them as well.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor