Is a soft material support safe for a baby's back?
Yes to all but be careful
1. Yes make him sit with full support for the back holding him by both axilla with your hands,making sure that spine is not bent, only for a short period of time with pillow like backrest. Avoid doing this frequently though.
Usually advisable to make him sit after 8 months when spine is more strong.
2. Yes you can give any fruit juice, any vegetable boiled. No restrictions.
3. Yes, you can roll your baby and give a gentle massage.
But do all this carefully , ensure that his nose and mouth are not choked. Never leave him unattended after rolling over.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Arun, Pediatrician, Pulmonology
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Soft lump on babies back
- Soft bump on lower back of baby
- Spotty rash on babies back
- Soft bump on lower back of babys head
- What might a soft lump be at the side of babies back
- Lumps on back of the ear in baby
- Lump on babys back
- Red spot on baby back
- Lump on babys back lipoma
- Unexplained bruise on babys back