Is a small hard lump behind my right ear a cause for concern?
Skin things are best examined in person, but I can tell you some of the most likely causes. It may be a "sebaceous cyst" which is an accumulation of the oil that gets trapped and can form a lump. It is benign. It can be a plugged hair follicle. It can also be a lymph node - usually benign, but should be felt in person by our doctor.
Most of these things are benign and don't cause problems but any lump should be checked in person...
Dr. Bonnie Berger-Durnbaugh, General & Family Physician
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Newborn baby small hard lump behind ear
- Hard lump behind right ear
- Hard lump behind ear small painless tumor
- Small hard lumps behind ear
- Hard non movable lump behind right ear
- Small lump behind ear
- Hard immovable small lump behind ear
- Small hard lump behind right ear reoccurring any ideas
- Small hard lump behind left ear nhs
- Small hard nonmovable lump behind ear