Is a sleep apnea test necessary for atrial fibrillation?
not absolute necessary . required for precautions
I went through the query and understood your concern.
No. Sleep apnea is not absolute necessary test in atrial fibrillation.
Sleep apnea can cause decreased in oxygen supply due to obstruction and hence the tissue will receive less oxygen. This can lead to reflex stimulus to heart to increase in heart rate and hence atrial rate increases.So in atrial fibrillation patients, if overweight or obese, if any disturbed sleep then sleep apnea test will be done to take necessary precautions to prevent further problem.
I hope this information helps you. Feel free to ask for any further queries. I will be glad to answer them.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Nyquil sleep apnea test
- Symptoms of sleep apnea test
- Is there any effect of nyquil on sleep apnea test
- Does nyquil affect a sleep apnea test
- Sleep apnea test marijuana smoke
- Sleep apnea test and weed
- Sleep apnea test causes
- Drugs/medication for sleep apnea test
- Diagnosis of sleep apnea test
- Treatment and cure for sleep apnea test
- Experiencing slight pinches at the top of heart. Have heart burn and...
- Have low thyroid, having rashes and cramping in legs. Suggest the...
- Body tingles while coughing. Anything wrong?
- Have swelling in perineum. Having reddish discharge near anus. Diagnosis?
- On ropinerol and levodopa for parkinson's disease. Hallucinating...
- Is it possible to have a tonsil stone lodged in the epiglottis?
- Have tenderness on head. Taken methylprednisolone. Done blood test...
- Vein in hand keeps twitching and pulsating. Reason?
- Swallowed a gold crown. Suggest the treatment
- Friend suffering from chicken pox. Should I take any medicine as a...