Is a skin infection indicated in the attached image?
Infection of skin and soft tissue. Oral and topical antibiotics
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image.
Yes, an area of helix of the external ear is swollen and red.
Do you have any symptoms? Pain? Itching?
I suggest you to use a triple antibiotic ointment e.g Neosporin ointment, twice daily.
You may take an oral anti inflammatory e.g tab ibuprofen, twice daily, if it is painful.
I would also suggest an oral antibiotic e.g either Amoxicillin or Cephalexin 500mg, thrice daily for a week.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to remove red ecg marks on skin
- How to get rid of stretch marks on the foreskin
- Itchy flaky foreskin
- Inverse psoriasis foreskin
- How to reduce melanin in eyeshair and skin
- Irritability pinch feeling in skin
- Infant red eyes pain rubbing blotchy skin
- Is beef bad for my skin
- Is betnovate suiteable for tight foreskin
- How to clean dirty skin