Is a single incidence of loss of erection a concern?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hey Doc,

I am a bit worried. A week ago I went to have sex with a new girlfriend and couldn't keep my erection. It had been two weeks since the previous time (with my now ex, bad break up) and I had been looking at significant amounts of porn as recently as the day before. Never happened before (maybe once years ago but was very drunk that time).

I am a 26 year old male, fit, eat healthy, don't smoke, not much drinking these days either.

Do I have cause for concern or is it just the circumstances? Kind regards.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ia single incidence of not getting Erection has no significance .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for your query .based on the facts that you failed to get hard erection adequate enough to perform penetrative sex with your new girl friend .

It is not uncommon to face such situation once in a while during sexual life and has little significance .

This being a first incidence it could be mostly due to anxiety and you should not be worried at all and take it casually.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 3 minutes later
Thanks doctor. Will let you know if it happens again.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Go ahead and do write if you need my help.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up ,

Go ahead and forget about what happened in past .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.