Is a single dose of medication considered as an overdose?
Thanks for writing to us.
A single dose of the medicine cannot be an overdose. Maybe there is a misunderstanding on your part.
I hope this information has been helpful for you.
Regards, Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Click on thanks button if it is helpful.
Please elaborate the name of medicine and dosage you have taken.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A single dose cannot cause an overdose unless you have taken more than one tablets at the same time. You can elaborate about the name of the medicine you have taken and the dosage. I will be able to help you better then.
The dosage of a particular medicine also varies with the indication for which it is taken.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Maximum dose is 4000mg per day.
Thanks for writing again.
Keppra can be taken upto a maximum dose of 4000mg per day. But usually at doses more than 2000mg per day it causes strong side effects like vomiting. It is best to go with the doses as suggested by your neurologist. The dosage regulation needs a regular monitoring. Occasional high doses may be needed to control acute symptoms.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Medication for overdose of ceftum 500mg
- Can overdose of alzheimer medication be fatal
- Concor 5 medication overdose
- Drugs/medication for Drug overdose
- What happen if u overdose zentel medication
- Hi i have been overdosing with my adhd medication vyvanse
- What dose of combiflam is considered overdose
- Taking loestrin pillswill medication overdose help in stopping periods
- Taking voltaren for back pain worried about medication overdose advice
- Medical abortion using a zentel overdose