Is a second round of flu vaccination required after an infection?
once a year is enough
vaccination against influenza is recommended once every year. The best time to do it is right before influenza starts to become active in the community which is usually around October or November. The protection lasts for about 6 months although there are differences among individuals and older individuals (aged 65 or more) may demonstrate lower immunity levels sooner. Taking all into account the current recommendations suggest an once yearly immunization.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rash after the flu vaccination
- Lymph after flu vaccine
- Rashes after flu vaccine
- Swollen lymph nodes after flu vaccination
- Lymph node tenderness after flu vaccine
- Swollen sore lip after flu vaccine
- Is flu vaccine the only way to prevent the infection
- Flu vaccine after exposure
- Flu vaccine and menstruation
- Tonsillitis after flu vaccination