Is a second dose of vaccination necessary after a dog scratch?
I work in a private vetenary firm. Here I often get scratched by dogs and cats. Last time I have taken 3 doses of vaccination in January 2016. Now again a street cat scratched me and it bleeded. What should I do ? Should I need any vaccination?
Yes , you need vaccination again.
Thanks for posting your query.
Yes , you need to take a repeat vaccination this time also. But it will be a 2 dose vaccination.
1st shot now followed by 2nd shot after 1 month.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .
Antibody levels can be there for months to years.
There is lot of variation in the duration for which the antibody remains at the protective levels. So a previous normal Antibody levels doesn't mean you are protected for life.
Either you get a repeat Antibody test or go for repeat vaccination. No a repeat vaccination shall not cause overdose.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can use alcohol after dog bite vaccination
- Should i take rabies vaccination for the scratching by dog
- Dog bite second time what vaccination
- Bath after rabies dog vaccine
- Does a dog scratch require anti rabies vaccination
- Was scratched by dog no blood should i take vaccination
- Twinrix vaccine second dose late
- Should i take tetanus vaccine for dog scratch
- Why dogs are not allowed to take a bath after vaccination
- Any vaccination required for dog nail scratch