Is a second dose of Cialis advisable?

Dr. Manuel C See IV

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: This morning I took 10mg. Cialis as my regular every 4th day dose. Now, the opportunity for me to have coitus this evening - around 7:00 pm has presented itself. I do not want to miss this too seldom opportunity to have sex. Can I safely take another 10 mg. of Cialis this afternoon in hopes that it will help me with a firmer/harder erection this evening? If it os OK, then at what time should I take it to besot effective, and also, please check my list of prescriptions on file here to verify that it will be OK.
Answered by Dr. Manuel C See IV 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No not okay to take another pill.

Detailed Answer:
Good day and thank you for being with HealthcareMagic!!!

The drug Cialis has a very long half life (3 days) and if you've taken the drug this AM, I would not recommend taking another dose this pm because this might lead to higher doses and possibly toxicity.

The every 3 days Cialis was marketed to promote spontaneity among couples and if you feel like you don't need the spontaneity and you are comfortable with the as needed drug, then you can just take a Cialis 20 mg one hour before the planned sexual activity.

I hope I have answered your question adequately. Feel free to ask if there's any further queries.

Dr Manuel See IV
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee