Is a second dose of Aspirin advisable after probable vomiting of first dosage?

Posted on Fri, 10 Jun 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I m taking low dose aspirin 40 mg since the start of my pregnancy after having recurrent miscarriages.Now I m 34 weeks and today after taking the pill at 1. 44 pm I vomited my food at 5.40 pm.So was the aspirin absorbed or do I need to take more.If I dont need to take the pill today can I take it tomorrow early morning or do I need to wait 24 hrs as I normally take the 40 mg every day after lunch around 1 pm.

I take enteric coated version of low dose aspirin.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to repeat the dose

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Aspirin would have been absorbed in 4 hours, so there is no need of repeating the dose of aspirin before24 hours of the last dose.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine