Is a radical hysterectomy necessary to prevent the spread of cancerous polyps?
I request you to go ahead with the surgery.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
Your doctor’s suggestion is apt. They are not over reacting. Removing uterus, tubes and ovaries is the treatment for cancerous polyp. It is not a preventive measure. It probably is in the initial stage. If not treated now it can spread.
Endometrial cancer treated in the early stage is highly curable. If it spreads the treatment becomes very elaborate and the prognosis also is affected. Therefore it is extremely important that cancer is nipped in the bud stage.
Not all cancers develop in women with family history.
Wait and see approach with annual check ups is definitely not reasonable. It can be disastrous for reasons mentioned above. Therefore I request you to go ahead with the surgery. Before surgery your doctor may request further tests like MRI to find out the extent of the disease.
I hope this helps.
If you have further queries, do write to me through Healthcare Magic. I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Had radical hysterectomy feeling short of breath normal
- Steps of radical hysterectomy
- Abruption and radical hysterectomy
- My bones hurt after having a radical hysterectomy
- Constipation relief after a radical hysterectomy
- Very wet vagina radical hysterectomy
- Postcoital bleeding after radical hysterectomy
- Protein in urine after radical hysterectomy
- Sex after a radical hysterectomy
- Life expectancy after radical hysterectomy
- What causes cramps and menstruation once in sex months?
- What causes bleeding after sexual intercourse?
- How to confirm date of conception?
- Are ultrasound conception dates accurate?
- Is it safe to start antibiotics before the labour starts?
- What causes early period after having Postinor-2?
- Can TSH test be done after breakfast?
- suggest treatment for symptoms of prolapse of vaginal wall or uterus
- What causes upper abdominal pain during pregnancy?
- Does prolactin level in my blood report indicate pregnancy?