Is a purple spot on the frenulum a symptom of broken blood vessel?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Wed, 8 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a purple spot on the frenulum . It feels like it could be a broken blood vessel.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Might be hematoma due to minor injury

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome.
I have gone through your query and picture.
Based on the pictures , I feel it might be the dark purple ball kind of structure could be a hematoma secondary to any trauma while brushing your teeth or any prick from the food items.
I would like to know when you noted it, in case it is not painful, and you just discovered two weeks ago, and if its not increasing in size, I really think you need not bother that much. It will resolve on its own, you can use chlorhexidine mouth was and maintain good degree or oral hygiene. Avoid spicy food, alcohol and avoid smoking if you do.

This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.

I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Thank you for the answer. I just noticed it today about 5 hours ago. It is not painful.
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Welcome.
Thanks for coming back.
As mentioned earlier, they appear to hematoma, based on the pictures I don't think they are anything serious.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad