Is a platelet count of 458 a cause for concern?
Hello dear.Its just outside the range and for most of us it is normal.
Hello dear. The normal platelet count ranges from 1.5 lac to 4.5 lac. It may vary from day to day as platelets get destroyed and newer ones are formed but more or less it will remain within the range. Slightly above or below this range is also a normal phenomenon. High platelet count is well above the range of 5 or 6 lacs and then investigations for such high counts is required.
You can safely get a repeat platelet count after a week or so and need not to worry. For all practical purposes, it will turn out to be normal
Feel free to ask further
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Low blood platelet count causes
- Low platelet count common cause
- Is platelet count of 464 a matter of concern
- Platelet count low causes hashimotos
- High platelet count causes
- What causes fluctuation in platelets count
- Platelet count of 120 causes
- Fluctuating platelet count causes
- Low platelet count cause death
- Low platelet count causes
- What are the harmful effects of mobile radiations on infants?
- What are the adverse effects of drinking or eating melted plastic by...
- What does my MRI scan test report indicate?
- What is the prognosis for advanced ovarian cancer?
- What are the symptoms of lung cancer?
- Suggest treatment for fluid pockets under skin in an elderly person
- Suggest remedy for chronic renal disease
- Can ALP blood test predict cancer?
- What does my blood test report indicate?
- Suggest remedy for headaches and sleeplessness while on Hydrocortisone pill