question-icon

Is a painless lump on my right spermatic cord a sign of testicular cancer?

Posted on Fri, 30 Apr 2021
Question: I have had a painless lump on my right spermatic cord for perhaps ten years. I had my internist examine it around 7-8 years ago because I was worried about testicular cancer. He said it was not a cause of concern, but failed to tell me what it was. I guess I just thought it was an anatomic variant I had never notice. Recently, over the past several months, it has enlarged, but with out pain. Thee last two days it has caused a low grade ache which resolves in 5- 15 minutes. It is not debilitating, but intense enough that the word "Motrin" entered my mind . The swelling is not on my right testicle, but is on the cord separate from it, but near to the testicle.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil (6 hours later)
Brief Answer:
You have what is called as Spermatocele (Epididymal Cyst)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted painless swelling in Right spermatic cord that you have since last 10 years is a benign cyst called as Spermatocele .

It is a benign in nature and normally does not require any treatment .

Treatment is advised only in a situation when it increases in size or becomes painful that affects quality of your life .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine .
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum
4)Serum PSA.

Further treatment will depend upon result of these test.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist