Is a painful and swollen left tonsil a matter of concern?
It could be tonsillitis. No need to worry.
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone though your query and I can understand your concerns.
As per your description it seems that you are having tonsillitis. It is nothing but infection/inflammation of your tonsils. Other possibilities are pharyngeal candidiasis( a kind of fungal infection) or mononeucleosis( kind of viral infection).
No need to worry as of now.
I suggest you to consult a general practitioner and get the following things done:
1. Start a short course of antibiotics for five to seven days.
2. You can take analgesics like paracetamol for pain.
3. Do warm saline gargles or gargling with chlorhexidine mouth wash.
4. You can take antihistamines like ceterezine for symptomatic relief.
Most cases resolve in few days. If symptoms persist, kindly consult an ENT specialist.
Wishing you good Health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?