Is a nonreactive HIV result sufficient enough to confirm the HIV negative diagnosis?
I am a 35 Yr old female.
I was in a relationship till July 2017 which ended abruptly by July end.
Now I am getting married. So as a precaution, to be on safer side, I screened myself for Hiv as I am entering a new relationship.
The result has come out as "Non Reactive".
I am glad to see the results but wanted a confirmation from you that I can confidently proceed with my new relationship.
Since I have anxiety problems, wanted to get an assurance from you on the same.
Non reactive means you are negative!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
HIV non reactive implies you are free of the disease and no need to worry. You can repeat the test from another laboratory for your own reassurance.
Hope I have answered your question.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Shinas Hussain,
General & Family Physician
That's a great relief.
I am confident about the laboratory I went to. So I don't want to repeat the test.
Hope I can proceed with unprotected physical relationship with my spouse after marriage.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosis of screening for hiv
- Diagnosis of asymptomatic hiv infection
- Diagnosis of hiv serology/ tuberculosis
- Diagnosis of Hiv
- Diagnosis of hiv encephalitis
- Diagnosis of hiv encephalopathy
- Diagnosis of atypical infection hiv
- Diagnosis of acute hiv infection
- Diagnosis of ways hiv infection
- Diagnosis of positive hiv infection
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?