Is a negative 4th generation HIV test result conclusive at 162 days post exposure?
I'm fearing and getting depressed due to heard about 6 months of window period and I did my test prior 1 week from 24 week I.e 23 week after and fearing and get always stressed whether I'm free from HIv or still under risk .I'm totally fed up with studying differentiate window period over net /Google .Some say up to 6 months ,some say 3 months ,some say 46 days ,some say which test and which brand was tested by ......uffff totally confused and thus depressed .
Pls help me to bring out me from depression .
No risk of HIV.
Welcome to HCM.
The window period for HIV infection varies from 15 days to 3 months and you had negative 4th gen at 162 days along with negative tridot at 50 and 104 days so there is nothing to be worried about as the test results are 100% conclusive. Don't get tensed or depressed because you are absolutely safe and risk free. If any doubt is there feel free to ask me again.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do persistent dry cough after unprotected sex suggest HIV infection?
- What does my HIV rapid test report indicate?
- What are the chances of contracting HIV after having unprotected sex?
- Is the HIV DUO 4th generation test conclusive at 32 days post exposure?
- Is 4th generation chemiluminescence test for HIV conclusive at 28 days?
- Can HIV spread by using the medical scissors and tweezers?
- Is it possible for HIV RNA test not to detect virus if the viral load is...
- What are the risks of HIV when in contact with dry blood?
- Are negative HIV RNA test and third generation antibody test within...
- What are the chances of HIV transmission through protected sex?