Is a lump at the base of spine in back serious?
Take treatment as advised, nothing serious
I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
This swelling on back may be soft tissue injury and not concerned with spine or nerves.
If you have no motor weakness, sensory loss in lower limbs or any bladder dysfunction then rest assured. The pain may be relieved by taking pain killers like aceclofenac.
Hot pad application may also be helpful along with local pain killer ointment.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further queries.
Dr N Kumar
how many days should it take for this swelling to go down? its been 9 days i attached a photo
Possibility of soft tissue injury
I have gone through your attached photo.
The swelling with redness seems to be soft tissue injury with probably some haemorrhage too.
The swelling may take 2-4 weeks to completely resolve. The color may turn dark with time.
You can get an ultrasound if swelling increases.
Dr N Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lump on upper back near spine
- Lump lower back on baby spine
- Lump in back near spine
- Movable spine lump and back pain
- Soft lump on back near spine
- Lump on mid back by spine
- Sudden lump on back close to spine
- Lump on back puss middle spine
- Lump on spine lower back bruising
- Lump on back of neck near spine