Is A Heart-rate Of 147 Dangerous?
The risk is there. Good that you have taken an extra dose, please visit your doctor
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone through your query carefully and understand your concerns.
It may be ok at this heart rate but the question is why is it so rapid. It could be stress or could be due to other factors. The underlying cause needs to be looked into.
A 12 lead ECG tracing could clarify whether there is likelihood of going into AFib. The likelihood is there and there might be a requirement of dose adjustment (increase) of Metoprolol. I would recommend visiting your doctor to set things in order.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Groin throbbing and heart
- How is benadryl bad for the heart
- High blood pressure racy heart
- Inferior ischemia heart
- Gas bubble sensation near heart
- Foods to avoid when you have an enlarged heart
- How to remove water from around the heart
- Headache left arm numbness pounding heart
- Is getting shocked good for your heart
- Home remedies for fluid around the heart