• question-icon

Is a frozen Rabipur vaccination safe?

Posted on Mon, 18 Jul 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi sir I hv taken my second dose of rabipurvaccine yesterday by mistake stored in freezer should I repeat the dose immediately with vaccine kept at2 to 8 degree and if I repeat any side effect
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Better to take another vaccine dose for a safer side.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

I have read your query and understand the concern.

In my opinion,this Rabipur vaccine can no longer be effective since the way it has been stored by mistake.

The temperature of a freezer is typical less than zero degrees which is out of the range of temperature recommended for the storage of this vaccine.

I will advise you to take another dose of vaccine on the next day but not immediately. It is devoid of any side effect,so no need to worry about it.

Also,I would suggest you to allow the vaccines with the pharmacist and go there each time to collect for administration rather than bringing them home.

Because vaccines should not be kept at home freezer or it is always better to avoid foods,vegetables items which we usually keep at home freezer.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications.

Regards.

Dr.Sandip Kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Sandip Kabra