Is a fluctuation in blood pressure normal?
It's not normal. Its high.
Thanks for posting your query.
Blood pressure varies with age and also the condition when it is tested .
So I need to know whether your blood pressure was tested under normal conditions or you had any stress ( physical or mental ).
Also let me know your age and weight.
Its not stroke but do recheck blood pressure tomorrow.
Thanks for the information.
Relax , don't worry about stroke. Yes high blood pressure is a risk factor for stroke but blood pressure can be controlled with medications.
I recommend you to recheck blood pressure tomorrow and if it is above 140/80 then start low salt diet and exercise for 20-30 minutes.
But if the BP is above 160/80 then you need to be started on medications like Metaprolol.
Relax now and check blood pressure tomorrow morning.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Blood pressure fluctuations 13894
- Fluctuating blood pressure halter
- Normal blood pressure by age
- Causes of blood pressure fluctuations
- Normal blood pressure range
- Blood pressure fluctuates a lot
- Symptoms of Fluctuating blood pressure
- Diagnosis of Fluctuating blood pressure
- Fibromyalgia and fluctuating blood pressure
- Blood pressure fluctuations chart