Is a emergency pill safe during breast feeding a 5 week old infant?
Yes, emergency pill is safe for few times.
Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments:
1) Yes, emergency pill like I-Pill or Unwanted-72 (should be taken within first 72 hrs) is quite SAFE during breast feeding as it is progesterone only pill. It doesn't alter quality and quantity of breast milk.
2) Some hormone may be passed to baby through breast milk. However, your baby doesn't have any kind of adverse effects.
3) In EXCLUSIVE BREAST FEEDING (first 6 months), you might NOT need any kind of contraceptive pill as you will NOT ovulate. It will give more than 99% protection against unwanted pregnancy.
4) Regular Mini-Pill or Condom should be used along with EBF to avoid minimal risk of pregnancy. It will be ideal thing.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help.
Wish your good health and take care.
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to drink emergency pill
- Usages of nordette emergency pill
- Emergency pills to prevent pregnancy
- Emergency pills to avoid pregnancy
- Emergancy pills breast discharge
- Emergency pill and heartburn
- Is having emergency pill twice a month safe
- The femiplan emergency pill in kenya
- 72 hour emergency pill
- Acne due to emergency pill