question-icon

Is a bronchoscopy effective at treating pneumonia?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2020
Question: I've had a flu, then bronchitis , and now pneumonia , I'm 65 and a former smoker by aboun a month, the worst side effects are extreme week XXXXXXX to where it is phsically disabilitating
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar (41 minutes later)
Brief Answer:

Better to get done bronchoscopy and XXXXXXX analysis.

Detailed Answer:

Best treatment of pneumonia is identification of causative organisms and start appropriate antibiotics.

For this you need to get done bronchoscopy and XXXXXXX (bronchoalveolar lavage) analysis. XXXXXXX culture and sensitivity report is needed.

Culture will isolate the causative organisms and sensitivity report will guide about effective antibiotic treatment.

This will give you faster improvement.
So better to consult pulmonologist and discuss all these.

Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist