Is a blister of 1cms while using Picato gel a cause for concern?

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have a blister 1 cm diameter on my arm after using Picato Gel 0.05. Should I be concerned about this?
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Local Reaction to Picato Gel-Report to your dermatologist !!

Detailed Answer:
Brief Ans-Local Reaction to Picato Gel-Report to your dermatologist !!

Hi Dear !! Thanks for your query to HCM.

You seem to suffer from Local Reaction to Picato Gel. Please upload a photo of the lesion so that I am better able to help.
This gel is known to cause Blisters/ Vesiculations in few case after application.
This is because of the local reaction to Picato Gel content and is cause of concern,which needs further care, for preventing its recurrence.
-Report to your dermatologist and take his Consults.

Do's Suggested-
Avoid using second application till the veisculation is healed.
Cold Compress
Tab -Loratadine - would reduce the local reaction with Picato gel.
Tab-Dexamethasone- 1 tab x 2 times a day to reduce the severity of local reaction for 3- days time. This is a steroidal medicine and you will need a prescription from your family doctor.

Report to your dermatologist, immediately and take his advise before taking any medicines.

Welcome for any further query in this regard.

Do Close this query with few pleasing and excellent comments to rate this reply and to boost the morale of incoming patients like you at HCM.

Good Day!!

Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj