Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Is a black patch on my penis a sign of cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
Hello, I have a light black patch on my penis external skin at the level of the gland. It's been there for a while. I always though it was a bruise because I masturbate every won't go away now and I'm afraid it could be penile cancer....could it really be that? Or is it just a bruise?
Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later

Thanks for the query,

There are many possibilities of brown spot on the penis. I will discuss about each of them, to reach your diagnosis.

It may be a

1- simple bruise-- but as you have told that it is not resolving, so chance are less.

2- flat mole-- A localized collection of melanocytes, leading to this condition.

3-fungal infection-- it is usually associated with itching.

4- Squamous cell carcinoma of penis presents as a fungating growth not as a spot, and at your age chances are extremely rare.

Now what you will have to do--

1- Clean the area daily.
2- Apply some antifungal and antibacterial ointment on it locally.
3-Try to avoid masturbation.
4-Take plenty of fluids.

All for 5 days, If still the problem persists or increases, Consult a GP / DERMATOLOGIST.

he will take a contact biopsy and the diagnosis will be confirmed.

In my view you should not worry, it is just a simple fungal or bacterial infection, and will definately resolve in next few days.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor