Is a bilirubin reading of 2.240 mg/dl a cause for concern?
Needs to be checked
I am Dr Mittal. I have read your message. I think I can help you.
The fact remains that the levels are higher than normal.
For some people it may be normal but that's not the usual case.
I will therefore consider it as abnormal and make my suggestion accordingly.
First get an ultrasound of the abdomen.
This is to look at the state of the liver.
Also test for HBSAG and HCV.
they are frequent causes of the problem.
Avoid alcohol if you are on it.
Please let me know if you are on regular medicines aS some of them also result in high levels.
Let me know when you get the test reports.
Best of luck. Dr Mittal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of decreased bilirubin
- Does bilirubin cause indigestion
- High bilirubin 34 reading
- Causes of bilirubin in urine
- Slightly elevated bilirubin causes
- Have total bilirubin count of 232 cause of concern
- Causes of increased bilirubin
- Bilirubin reading of 34
- Permethrin cause elevated bilirubin
- Causes elevated bilirubin