• question-icon

Is a bilirubin reading of 1.3 a cause for concern?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: My have Gilbert's syndrome and after exercising on cross trainer for one hour every day, I felt tired and my bilirubin XXXXXXX to 1.8. I stopped exercising for one week and my bilirubin is now 1.3 (direct 0.3 and indirect 1). is this level considered normal and can I start daily exercise using cross trainer?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you can!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this increase in your bilirubin levels following exercise. With Gilbert's syndrome, you are unable to handle the load easily. I am pretty sure you indulged in very intense exercise levels. I will suggest that you try to workout at moderate intensities and not so intensely. Get back to exercising but excessive and intense exercising would cause the numbers to rise again, so be moderate and considerate.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah