Is a ESR level of 56 a cause for concern?
ESR is a sign of inflammation or infection in body.
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query. ESR is a sign of inflammation or infection in body. It can be due to auto immune diseases or systemic arthritis also.
There is no drug or measures to decrease ESR directly. But when you get treated for main cause of it ESR will be reduced.
So I need more information regarding your clinical symptoms. Do you have chronic joint pain or arthritis or history rheumatologic diseases like rheumatoid arthritis. ?
Do you have chronic cough or lung problems?
Please upload your complete blood also. If any sign of infection is there then it is possible to find from that.
Please update with above information. I am happy to help you.
A proper rheumatologic screening should be done.
Thank you for your follow up.
A proper rheumatologic screening should be done. A consultation with rheumatologist is also well appreciated.
Heamoglobin 9.5 which is mild anaemia also a sign of rheumatoid arthritis. Even if RA factor is negative it is possible to have rheumatoid arthritis.
Do you have morning stiffness? that is stiffness of joints in the morning for half an hour or more.
Do you have any other symptoms like abdominal pain or continuous cough?
Get a TB PCR test to rule out tuberculosis also.
NSAID drugs like diclofenac can be used to decrease inflammation and pain. But continuous usage is not recommended as it can cause bowel irritation and kidney problems. Physiotherapy is beneficial.
Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to hep you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Esr 95 blood level
- Does diverticulitis cause raised esr levels
- Is elevated esr a matter of concern
- Do parasites cause high esr blood levels
- What causes high esr levels
- Causes of high esr levels
- Can flu cause high esr level
- Fruits to reduce esr level
- What causes elevated esr level
- High esr levels in blood
- Suggest medication for hair fall programe
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump on skin
- What causes dizziness and disorientation?
- What causes white patches on face after using Skinlite cream?
- Suggest treatment for scalp psoriasis
- Suggest remedy for dark upperlip post antibiotic allergy
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in chest
- Suggest treatment for high sugar levels
- What does this cholesterol test result indicate?
- What does low kidney functioning mean?