Is a 3 month HIV test conclusive?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
At last I have done a 3 month Hiv test which came out negative. I have done complete std panel and their was no growth. My muscle and joints still ache such that sometimes I can not sleep. My ampit, neck and groin hurts but I can not feel any swelling. What type Of test should I now go for especially if you suspect cancer as my research suggest, what type should I test for.
Please somebody help.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Both HIV1&2 ruled out conclusively.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Thanks once again for sending your query.

By a negative HIV test after 3 months ( It is expected to be an antibody test for HIV 1 &2), both HIV 1 &2 infections were ruled out and the result was a conclusive one.
Pain in muscles and joints are due to multi-variable reasons like rheumatoid arthritis, gout etc. If you consult a Rheumatologist or an Orthopedic surgeon, he/she will do appropriate investigations and fix the diagnosis. Then you will get relieved from your present illness with specific treatment. Get well soon.
DR S.Murugan