Is a 3 month HIV test conclusive?

Question
Dr. Ivo Ditah, Dr. Shoaib XXXXXXX responded to my earlier posts but please any available doctor can respond.
This is to inform you that I have done another hiv test on the mark of 3 months and it has come out negative. However I am still having slight muscle aches, my waist is inflamed sometimes and I still have slight pains in the nodes located in my groin, armpit and neck. I had come out negative for hepatic b and syphillis. Well I have done a test of std panel and awaiting result. What do you think guys.
Posted Thu, 14 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
If the 3 month HIV test is negative, you are fine.

Detailed Answer:

I would like to reassure you that the chances of you having HIV and that being the cause for your symptoms are almost nil.

The important thing to understand in your case is, you have certain symptoms (Not necessarily fitting HIV as such), but the tests have turned out to be repeatedly negative. In HIV, if you have symptoms, you can be 100% sure that the tests will turn out positive.

So, this leads us to the question of the real reason for your symptoms. Slight muscle aches may be related to poor posture while working etc., not really important.

Lymphadenopathy (Swelling of multiple lymph nodes) has many reasons, and you have not mentioned if you really have a notable swelling, if you constantly keep feeling for these nodes, that itself can cause some light pain, I suspect anxiety to be a significant issue in your condition and I would request you to schedule an appointment with a primary care physician/GP and get your nodes checked out.

Wait for the STD panel reports and then consult your PCP/GP.

There is nothing alarming in your history according to me.

Hope you will find this reassuring and helpful.

Wishing you all the very best and good health.

Kind regards.