Is a 15 days Duo test for HIV conclusive?
Test done after 12 weeks becomes conclusive.
Hi, Welcome once again.
I am happy that you are relaxing well.
Your risk for HIV is negligible only. Your DUO test at 15 days can not be considered as more conclusive. Anyhow HIV 1 (moat common) had been ruled out. You can skip further testing for HIV if you are happy. If you want to rule out both HIV 1&2 totally then you have to go for the test only after the completion of 12 weeks. Then only it would be sure that you are free from HIV beyond any doubt. Not to compromise with the same.
Really now it giving me tension that if the 15 days test was not conclusive then what will happen?
Tests more conclusive after certain period only.
HIV 1 Antigen would appear in the presence of an HIV infection as early as 1st week of the infection itself. In some individuals due to its low titre, test may take time to pick up these antigens. So after 4 weeks there would not be false negative results with this test.
HIV 2 can be identified only with the antibody test as far as the tests available in market. The antibodies also may be recognized as early as 6-8 weeks, in some individuals antibody production could get delayed up to 12 weeks. So the test becomes more conclusive after 12 weeks. That is the idea.
Anyhow your risk is very low.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Itching on penis and sides of it. What medication is recommended?
- Red rashes appeared on penis head. Tested negative for STD. On...
- Red burning scrotum. Taking Gabapin with no relief. Need immediate cure
- Hair fall, burning, hurting, itchy scalp with intermittent occurrence of...
- Itching sensation around vaginal area, used wipes. Butt is itching,...
- Dark spot on organ, rashes, itchy at night, may be syphilis
- Stomach rash, itchy, not taking medication, no change in diet. Any...
- Small rounds in skin below neck, sometimes itchy. What medication should...
- Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum in pubic region, cryotherapy done....
- How soon am I contagious after having contact with herpes? How long...