Is Zyrtec inatake safe when suffering from diabets and high BP?

Posted on Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Not sure I want to ask a Dr. named Grief a question!!!! Just kidding of course! I used to go to a Dr. named Savage until he passed away!
My question is, I believe I've heard something bad about taking Zyrtec from FDA. Just wondering if that is true? I've read on cautions- don't take isif you have kidney or liver issues. I don't have any that I aware of currently but I am diabetic and have high blood pressure so my kidneys are at more risk than XXXXXXX l so should I take Zyrtec?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Brief answer...given below
Detailed answer.....
I have read your query well and understood your concern.
There is absolutely no problem in taking ZYRTEC by any person having diabetes and high blood pressure.
In fact this warning means that any person suffering from advanced kidney disease should not take any medicine of his own and must talk to his doctor before taking it.
You can safely consume ZYRTEC.Even if some person is having some mild or early kidney problem,he can take ZYRTEC safely.
The most common drugs which are avoided in kidney problems are pain killers,herbal medicines and nephrotoxic antibiotics.
I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks
Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta