Is Zolpidem Tartrate effective for treatment of insomnia?

Dr. Vishal Garala

Psychiatrist

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Question: when i get upset or worty i cant breed correctily i cant sleep at all and then the next morning i m very upset because i have to work . i spoke to my dr and he prescribe for me zolpidem tartrate 5mg sometime help but i want to know how good are this pild.
Answered by Dr. Vishal Garala 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi Zolpdam is very safe and less addictive drug.

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear

I admire you for positive outlook.

I understand your concern at sleep disturbances.

1st i have to tell you about how to maintain good sleep hygiene.

There are many factors that affect sleep which should be correct first.

Fix sleep schedule and stick on it.
fix sleep wake time is important.
Avoid irregular sleep and day time sleep.

Exercise that make you fatigue.
Stress free schedule and activities.
Do pleasurable activities.
Avoid smoking and drinking.
Avoid tea coffee soft drink before sleep.
light food in dinner.
Cool and calm bed room.
Use bed only when you feel sleepy.
Music while you try to sleep.

Beside this proper psychological evaluation will help.
Treatment of underlying psychological stress will lead to improvement in sleep.

Zolpidam is Non benzodiazapine medicines which has very less addictive and very safe for short duration. 5 mg is very safe dose. You can take this without any hesitations.

You can use it as and when require.
But maintain good sleep hygiene will help you for getting sleep.

Still if you have query then revert back to me.
Very happy to help you.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju