Is Zoloft safe in patients with controlled atrial fibrillation?
Before we do that, what makes you think so!
Hi and than you so much for this query.
Zoloft is a good medication for anxiety. It is also known to cause symptoms of irregular heart beats in a very tiny proportion of clients and this when used alongside other medications that can potentiate its effects.
I know you understand how you feel more than any other person. Since starting this drug, if you have been feeling a lot more skipped or irregular heartbeats than before, this might be the possible cause. Since the timeline is very suggestive and this drug is not vital in controlling any condition that can lead to immediate complications, I will suggest that stopping it would not be a big problem. However, can you provide more information on what makes you to think this is the problem so that I can also take a closer look and make sure we are not missing out on something here?
In all, you can safely discontinue this medication. Before we get there, I will like to have more information about the observations you made and also that you involve your doctor in the discussion before discontinuing if necessary and possibly replacing with another, if necessary.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Rate control atrial fibrillation
- Daily life for atrial fibrilation patient
- Is it safe to fly with atrial fibrillation
- Controlled vs uncontrolled atrial fibrillation
- How to control atrial fibrillation
- Is it safe to fly after atrial fibrillation
- Safely smoke pot with atrial fibrillation
- Carvedilol atrial fibrillation rate control
- Knee surgery in patients with atrial fibrillation
- Atrial fibrillation rhythm control
- What causes enlarged heart?
- What causes spotting after having sex?
- Suggest side effects of Premarin
- Suggest treatment for recurrent urinary tract infection
- Can Wimpat,Keppra and Lamictal be taken when BP is high?
- When can orgasm be experienced after a total hystorectomy?
- Is tremination of pregnancy at after 26 weeks advisable?
- What causes swelling at the injection site?
- Suggest treatment for Angioma
- What causes chronic Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura?