Is Wysolone effective at treating vitiligo?
All the spots are small on palm, fingers and toe. 1-2 spots on knee on both arms.legs. This is minimal discomfort, but I wanted to be sure that this does not spread largely.
XXXXXXX vas XXXXXXX
Regarding Wysolone in vitiligo
Treatment for Vitiligo is guided mainly by the extent of involvement
- whether it is limited involvement or extensive involvement with vitiligo and secondly by the activity of disease
- stable vitiligo or progressive vitiligo.
In progressive vitiligo new patches of vitiligo develop and it is further qualified depending on the rate of progression.
i.e how fast they are developing - rapidly progressive or gradually progressive vitiligo.
Wysolone is an oral steroid and it is mainly used to stop the progression
i.e to arrest the disease. Wysolone is not for repigmentating existing vitiligo patches.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr Kakkar S., Dermatologist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Eltroxin side effects vitiligo
- How are headaches and vitiligo treated
- How to treat vitiligo
- How to treat vitiligo naturally
- Is melanocyl and flucort treating vitiligo
- Wysolone can use for vitiligo
- What is vitiligo and how is it treated
- Wysolone in vitiligo
- Wysolone tablet in vitiligo
- Wysolone steroid therapy vitiligo side effects